Signature Moms Blog Reaches Milestone
Monday, July 22, 2013
Online, Parenting Community for Southeastern Massachusetts Continues to Flourish
In the world of mommy blogs, there’s a shining star based right here in Southeastern Massachusetts: The Signature Moms Blog. Earlier this month, while America was celebrating the Fourth of July, this unassuming hospital sponsored mommy blog surpassed more than 100,000 views – a noteworthy accomplishment in the blogosphere. In addition, the Signature Moms blog reached another milestone by having more than 2,500 people subscribe to the blog.
“We are absolutely thrilled with the response and popularity that the Signature Moms blog has received – especially since we started it a little over two years ago,” said Vice President of Business Development for Signature Healthcare, Marie Gross. “All of the credit for the success of the Signature Moms blog really goes to our remarkable group of mommy bloggers. They come from towns like Norton, Brockton, Stoughton, Braintree, West Bridgewater and Rockland. And they write about topics close to their heart: Friendship, health, travel, family activities, crafts, nature, cancer, hardship, divorce and family tragedies. If it happens within a family, these women write about it. Almost nothing is taboo.”
The Signature Moms bloggers were identified through a contest sponsored by Signature Healthcare in which moms were encouraged to visit hospital’s Facebook page and post a written narrative explaining why they would be a great mom blogger. Since being selected, these moms have created a vibrant, online community where local mothers can come together to obtain new ideas and share experiences on the many roles they have to play as mothers, wives, caregivers, professionals, sisters, friends and providers each and every day.
Meet the Signature Moms bloggers below:
• Tanya Dennison Pimental – Brockton – Also an avid blogger, she loves sharing the adventure she has with her husband and two children.
• Martianne Stanger – Plymouth – A 40-something mom with three young children ages 5 and under to help keep her on her toes
• Janice Johnson-Plumer – Brockton – An avid runner, Janice is a 40-something mom with one son and is active in the Brockton community serving as a community advisory board member and on the PTA.
• Sandy Churchill – West Bridgewater – A mom to two girls and a boy ages 20, 17 and 7, she loves to connect with other women on the journey of “parenthood.”
• Rachel Ventura – Stoughton – An experienced blogger, Rachel’s life as a mom actually started at Brockton Hospital with the delivery of her 2-year-old girl followed by her 7-month-old son.
• Mary Morris – Braintree – A mom who loves to combine her experiences of raising her two children with passion for writing!
• Anne Marie Holloway – Norton – An avid blogger, Anne loves sharing the adventures she has with her four children.
• Heather Desmond O’Neill – Rockland – A thirty-something mom who has two boys under the age of 5 that keep her on her toes!
Prior to reaching these milestones, the Signature Moms blog has been celebrated within the healthcare industry as a marketing best practice and an innovative communications platform of value to families within Signature Healthcare’s service area. The blog has been recognized with several awards from leading healthcare organizations such as the New England Society for Healthcare Communications, the Aster Awards, Service Industry Advertising Awards (SIAA), and the Healthcare Advertising Awards. Most recently, the Signature Moms blog has received the following awards: Gold Aster Award within the blog category, a Silver Lamplighter Award in the blog category, a Gold Lamplighter Award for Excellence in Writing, and a Gold SIAA Award for social media.
The Signature Moms blog has also been the focus of feature articles in several healthcare industry publications such as Healthcare Strategy Alert, Marketing Healthcare Today, eHealthcare Strategy & Trends, H&HN and Healthcare Marketing Advisor. Also, the blog has received coverage in the online edition of USA Today.
To meet our mommy bloggers and to see what they’re currently up to, please visit www.SignatureMoms.com.