Local Moms Win Mommy Blog Contest
Friday, May 30, 2014
Five local moms have been selected as featured bloggers for the Signature Moms Blog, www.signaturemoms.com, sponsored by Signature Healthcare. The mommy bloggers were identified through a contest sponsored by the hospital where moms were encouraged to visit Signature Healthcare’s Facebook page and post a written narrative explaining why they would be a great blogger.
The five new mommy bloggers will join Sandy Churchill, Anne Marie Holloway, Janice Johnson-Plumer, Heather Desmond O’Neill, Tanya Pimental, Martianne Stanger, and Rachel Ventura as featured bloggers on the Signature Moms Blog:
• Jessica Stetson Aldred – Braintree – The balance of working part-time and caring for her three sons, two in-laws, four pets, and husband keeps Jessica on her toes!
• Carolyn Coleman – Brockton – A mom to twins who have graduated college, as well as a son who is still in high school. Carolyn will discuss how she must adapt her parenting style to changing times.
• Angela Semeta– Brockton – A thirty-something mom to two kids ages 6 and 17, Angela dedicates her time working on issues that help to improve the quality of life in the local community.
• Teresa Tower-Sousa– Stoughton – A thirty-something mom to two children, Teresa balances life in a blended family with projects focused on giving back to the community.
• Kathy Trainor– Taunton – Born and raised in the South Shore, Kathy is already an experienced blogger with tons of ideas for fun, local family activities.
“Women today are actively seeking inspiration and new ideas on how to balance being a mother, wife, provider, child of older parents, professional, or some combination of these. We’ve seen that our Signature Moms Blog has served as the foundation of a vibrant online community in which women come together and share their experiences,” said Vice President of Business Development for Signature Healthcare, Marie Gross. “We’re excited to welcome these new mommy bloggers and their fresh perspectives to the Signature Moms Blog.”
Each mom will write one or two posts a month beginning in June. The topics will vary greatly, depending on the personalities of the bloggers and their range of daily experiences in the community. Some blog entries will come in the form of video posts. The bloggers will meet in person at ‘blogger meet-ups’ three times per year to share ideas and brainstorm upcoming topics. There will also be guest posts by medical experts representing Signature Healthcare providing valuable and timely healthcare information to readers.
The Signature Moms Blog has an active subscriber base of more than 3,400 followers, and in just over three years has seen over 150,000 visitors checking out local, mom-specific posts from featured area bloggers selected from similar contests. In that time, the blog has received several awards from leading healthcare organizations such as the New England Society for Healthcare Communications and the Healthcare Advertising Awards.