Signature Healthcare prepared to welcome back more patients: Procedures and appointments safe then, safer now
Thursday, May 28, 2020
BROCKTON, MA (May 28, 2020) – As the State of Massachusetts eases restrictions placed on healthcare services due to the COVID-19 virus, Signature Healthcare is prepared to welcome more patients back to our hospital and outpatient facilities.
Following Phase 1 guidelines of the state plan, Signature Healthcare has implemented improved safety measures to prevent the spread of infectious disease and help patients stay safe and comfortable at our facilities.
“Signature Healthcare is nationally recognized for safety and quality and remains to be one of the safest healthcare providers in the nation, having most recently received its 16th consecutive ‘A’ grade from Leapfrog, an accomplishment reached by only four hospitals in the state,” said Kim Hollon, President and CEO of Signature Healthcare. “Our team has been focused on safety and quality for years, and now coupled with the additional safeguards; we are ready to deliver the safest care possible especially to those who have put their healthcare on hold due to COVID-19.”
Signature Healthcare instituted additional safety guidelines to ensure the organization is even safer than before:
• We screen all individuals entering Signature Healthcare facilities for temperature and COVID-19 symptoms, both team members and patients. We do this to protect you, your family, and staff.
• For the safety of everyone in our facilities, we are asking all patients to wear a face covering whether they show symptoms or not. If you don’t have a face covering, we will supply one for you. We have rearranged spaces to accommodate social distancing and prevent transmission of infections by removing chairs from waiting rooms and installing plexiglass barriers.
• All healthcare team members will wear personal protective equipment (gloves, face coverings, etc.) when caring for patients.
• We clean our hands and spaces more frequently and make it easy for you to do the same. Sanitation stations are provided throughout the organization and will be encouraged for all to use. We have also increased the frequency and intensity of cleaning/disinfecting of all facilities and high touch areas throughout the organization.
• The state has modified visitor restrictions for all healthcare facilities. Based on their restrictions, updated temporary visitor guidelines have been put in place at our hospital and outpatient facilities. Visit MySignatureCare.org/COVID19 to view the visitor/guest restrictions.
• We have been conducting Telehealth visits during the State’s shutdown mandate and will continue to offer these phone or online visits with Primary Care Physicians and Specialists alike to give patients the opportunity for care from a distance.
Don’t put your healthcare on hold. Be safe at Signature Healthcare.
Call your doctor to find out the next steps you need for your care.