Required Pre-Acceptance Exam
One of the admission requirements for entrance into Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital School of Nursing (SH/BHSN) is a pre-acceptance Exam. Applicants can choose which pre-acceptance exam they wish to take; both the ATI Test of Academic Skills (TEAs) Assessment Exam and the Health Education Systems, Inc. (HESI) A2 Admission Assessment Exam are acceptable. Applicants are required to complete all required testing modules. No cut off score has been established but priority consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate academic achievement.
It is strongly encouraged for applicants to allow themselve sufficient study/preparation time prior to taking the exam. When registering for the exam, be sure to review the Exam Preparation section on their website for study material/advice.
If you choose the ATI’s TEAs Assessment Exam: SH/BHSN requires applicants to complete the READING, MATH, SCIENCE and ENGLISH/LANGUAGE USAGE sections of the TEAs Assessment Exam. This is a timed exam, please be mindful of your time usage. Please visit: What is the TEAs for more information. Please be sure to carefully read and follow all instructions listed on ATI’s and PSI website.
How to Register for the ATI’s TEAs Assessment at PSI Testing Center: Registering to take the ATI’s TEAs Assessment is a 2 part process. To view the following instruction as a pdf, please select: How To Register for the TEAS Test at PSI
Part 1 To register via ATI’s Online Store:
To access ATI’s Online Store, please go to ATI Testing. Click on the “Online Store” link in the upper right hand corner of the page or you can login to your account with your Username and Password. If you do not have an account, please create one.
- Click on “TEAs at PSI” under the Register for Column.
- Select “Register”. You will then be directed to a page where you can select a school to have your transcript sent. All schools that accept transcripts for the TEAs are listed in the “Available Institutions” list. To select our school, click on BROCKTON HOSPITAL SON and use the arrows to transfer it to your “Currently Selected Institutions” list. One complimentary transcript to the school of your choice is provided with the test. There is a fee for additional transcripts.
- Once you’ve selected an institution, click “Continue”.
- You will now be directed to the shopping cart. Please confirm that the shopping cart reflects the correct information as PSI sales are final.
- Click on the “Check Out” button.
- Enter/Confirm your mailing address. Note: An additional set of fields is required for PSI registrations. This set of fields is specific to the address information that is on your current identification and it will need to match to be given access to the PSI site when arriving to take your exam. Please be sure to enter your information to proceed. Click “Proceed to Payment Details”.
- You will need to enter your payment details. This includes: card number, expiration date and security code. Click the “Submit” button.
- Once you click submit, you will receive a Customer Receipt which includes the “Student ID” necessary for scheduling your session with PSI. You will need the “Student ID” to complete the next step
If you experience difficulties with Part 1, please contact ATI’s customer service at 1-800-667-7531.
Part 2 Scheduling your Session with PSI
Once you have registered via ATI’s website you will need to contact PSI directly to schedule a specific time and date to take your exam. You will need your “Student ID” from your ATI registration receipt to complete this step. Scheduling can be done by either calling their toll free number or via their online scheduling process. Again, you will not be able to complete this step without first registering with ATI.
- To Schedule by Phone: call 1-800-733-9267
- To Schedule Online: Please go to PSI Exams. You will need to use Internet Explorer to access the PSI site.
- Click on the “Schedule an Exam” to begin the process. You will be directed to Sign In. Please note: If you do not have an account at PSI you will need to create a new account before you can complete this process. Please follow PSI’s online screen instructions to create a new account. You will need your “Student ID” from your ATI’s Customer Receipt to complete the process.
- Once you’ve signed in the system will ask you questions in order to find your record. You will need to make the following selections:
- Select Organization
- Select Sponsors Name: Test of Academic Skills
- Enter your TEAs ID Number. This is the ID number listed in the email you’ve received.
- Click Submit. Once your record has been located you will be able to select a location, date, and time to take the exam.
- If you experience difficulties please contact PSI’s Customer Services at 1-800-733-9267
If you choose the HESI A2 Admission Exam: HESI A2 Admission Assessment Exam is a computer based examination and will only be offered at Prometric Testing Centers.
EXAM NAME: RN A2 Admission Assessment exam
SH/BHSN Distance Testing ID: 203021
Please be mindful of your time spent with each testing module as this is a timed exam and you do not want to run out of time. It is strongly suggested that you complete the Critical Thinking, Biology and Math testing modules first before moving onto Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and Grammar.
Required Testing Modules:
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
SH/BHSON strongly encourages all applicants to complete the Learning Styles and Personality Profile modules. These modules help you discover the learning style that works best for you. Also, includes valuable test taking strategies that are geared towards your learning style.
Registering for the HESI is a multi-step process and can take up to a week to complete. This includes:
- Set up an Elsevier Evolve account
- Request a testing ID through Elsevier Evolve
- Register with Prometric for an examination date
- Please click on this link for the HESI A2 Registration Instructions: HESI A2 TESTING INSTRUCTIONS
TEST DATES: Exam dates will be available once the admission cycle for Fall 2020 has commenced.
COST OF EXAM: $114.53 As of January 2018, cost subject to change. Payable to Prometric Testing Centers at time of registration.
- Follow the directions on the Prometric Exam Eligibility Informational document.
- Once you receive your Eligibility notification email from Elsevier, you will be directed to schedule and pay for your exam, via the Prometric website.
- You will go to the testing center of your choice, on the scheduled date and time, with your Elsevier Evolve username & password, along with a valid government issued photo ID that contains a signature.
- If you have any difficulty registering for the Exam, please contact Elseivier Support at 800-222-9570.
- Exam Results: The exam results are uploaded to the Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital School of Nursing’s Evolve Account. Admission Assessment results are uploaded within 24-72 hours of your exam date. You will also receive an email notifying you that your results are available on the Elsevier Evolve website.
Who to Contact if I Have Difficulty Registering for the Exam? Elsevier Support phone number: 800-222-9570
What to Bring to the Testing Center?
You will be required to present one valid, government-issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s license or passport). The identification document must be in Latin characters and contain your photograph. All other personal items must be locked in a locker for test security purposes, so please limit what you bring to the testing center.
What Time to Arrive at the Testing Center?
Plan to arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in procedures. If you are late in arriving, you will not be allowed to test and will forfeit your exam fee.
Payment methods available include Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Reschedule/Cancel Policy per Prometric Testing Center
You must do so at least five calendar days prior to your appointment, or additional fees or fee forfeiture may apply. You may use the Reschedule/Cancel option on this Web site or call Prometric’s contact center at: 800-481-6457; Prometric’s Web site is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For reschedule requests made thirty calendar days or more prior to the appointment date no fee is assessed. For those made less than thirty, but more than five calendar days prior to the appointment date a fee of $15 is assessed per request. For those made less than five calendar days prior to the appointment date a fee of $60 is assessed per request.
For cancellations made five or more calendar days prior to the appointment date a full refund will be given. For those made less than five calendar days prior to the appointment date no refund will be given.
In order to schedule online, you must provide an e-mail address. Prometric will send you an e-mail confirming your appointment. If you do not have an e-mail address, please call the appropriate Regional Registration Center.
Selecting a Prometric Testing Center
When registering for the exam, enter your desired city, state or zip code the system will offer all of the available testing centers that are geographically close. You can broaden your search area, if you don’t initially find a suitable testing location.
Instructions regarding testing accommodations as stipulated by the Americans with Disabilities Act are available once you’ve created your Evolve account and select Distance Testing.