SportSmart is Signature Healthcare's sports medicine program offering comprehensive expert sports medicine and orthopedic care to community athletes by our Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians and SportSmart staff.
SportSmart is a "full care coordination program," taking the injured athlete through the full continuum of sports medicine care. It starts with injury prevention and baseline concussion testing, to injury on the field straight through to orthopedic treatment, surgical care, recovery, and rehabilitation, then back to the field of play. Our goal is to provide the most comprehensive experience possible to all community athletes who come through the SportSmart program.
- Expedited orthopedic and concussion care appointments (24-48 hours or less)
- A 24 hour SportSmart line (855-60-SPORT) to set up orthopedic and concussion appointments with our Sports Medicine physicians
- Diagnostic Imaging (X-rays, MRI, CT)
- Surgery/Pre & Post Operative Surgical care, as needed
- Detailed home exercise program as well as expedited physical therapy referrals
- Physician office follow-up calls to check on the athlete's progress
- Evidence based approach for athlete return to play clearance
Athletic Training Program
An athletic trainer is a board certified and state licensed healthcare professional highly trained in the prevention, emergent/immediate response and the rehabilitation of athletes at all levels of participation.
Signature Healthcare athletic trainers not only work closely with our knowledgeable orthopedic surgeons on a day to day basis, but with student athletes as well during each sport season. They provide medical care and appropriate referrals from preseason to the last practice of the year. Our athletic trainers are also avaialble for summer athletic camp coverage and strength conditioning training programs.
Each athletic trainer is extensively trained in the diagnosis, treatment and gradual return to play of orthopedic and concussion related injuries and work closely with our orthopedic and concussoin specialists.
Currently Signature Healthcare has partnered with the following athletic programs to provide day to day athletic training services:
- Abington High School
- Brockton High School
- East Bridgewater High School
- Holbrook Jr/Sr High School
- Massasoit Community College
- Randolph High School
- Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School
- South Shore Vocational Technical High School
- West Bridgewater Middle-Senior High School
- Whitman-Hanson Regional High School
- The Brockton Rox
To contact our Athletic Trainers, please call 855-60-SPORT (77678)