Speech-Language Pathologists apply research and proven techniques to help people regain their quality of life. Our therapists are trusted health care professionals with extensive academic education and clinical experience who examine, diagnose, and treat conditions limiting the ability to speak, comprehend, eat/drink and function in daily life. Speech-Language Pathologists treat patients of all ages who have medical problems or other conditions limiting their abilities to move forward with their lives.
Your Signature Healthcare Speech-Language Pathologist can help you with a wide variety of issues, including:
- Aphasia (language disorders)
- Dysarthria (oral motor disorders)
- Dysphagia (swallowing disorders)
- Cognitive Impairment (memory, attention, problem solving)
What are the goals of therapy?
- Improve spoken and written communication
- Improve language comprehension
- Recover oral motor muscular strength/control
- Recover from/manage swallowing impairments
- Reduce the risk of injury or re-injury
Blending science with inspiration, your Speech-Language Pathologist will teach you how to prevent or manage a health condition and help motivate you during your treatment so you can function optimally. Your Speech-Language Pathologist will work with you to help you participate in the things you want and need to do so you will achieve long-term quality of life.
Speech Therapy services are provided to patients in the Outpatient Therapy Clinic at 130 Quincy Ave., Brockton by physician referral. For information, please contact us at (508) 941-7242.