Coronavirus (COVID-19) typically causes mild to moderate respiratory tract disease in humans, but can also cause more severe infections such as pneumonia and other lower respiratory tract infections in older or compromised individuals.
COVID-19 spreads from close, unprotected contact with a sick person, and also by touching objects or surfaces contaminated with COVID-19 and then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.
Most Common Symptoms:
- Shortness of Breath
Call Your Healthcare Provider If:
You have symptoms and have travelled to or been in contact with anyone who has travelled to countries that have a Level 3 Travel Health Notice from the CDC. (widespread, ongoing transmission)
You have symptoms and have been in close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with tissue.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces often.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Do not travel to countries that have a Level 3 Travel Health Notice from the CDC.